Tuesday, July 9, 2013

We made it.

Well, we are moved in and unpacked. It is the greatest feeling. I can't even explain it. First of all, we haven't had a space to call our own in a few months. But more than that, Sunday was the first day in over A YEAR my husband didn't have anything in a suitcase. When we finished unpacking our clothes on Sunday, I stood in our house and looked around and cried. Blane hugged me and said that's what I do. Haha. I actually don't think I cry that much, but I would agree that I am incredibly emotional. I guess it just didn't hit me how awesome it is until we finished. This last year has been exceedingly hard and one of those things you just have to put your head down and power through. The moving process didn't go smoothly at all but I just chalked it up to being another thing we had to get through. And now that we are moved in (probably 95% we still have a few things and both sets of parents and we need to decorate, but come one guys I've already done laundry and filled our fridge and pantry...we live there) and are on the other side of it, I just feel so amazingly blessed. God has proved to me over the last year that I am truly strong, as is my husband and our marriage. Don't even think for a second, though, that I didn't cry and feel like I was falling apart. I promise, I did. You can ask Lauren. It is absolutely no secret that we didn't like Conroe...like at all. But Blane and I are always saying that it would have been unbearable without our friends, Adam and Lauren (and Connor of course)! We almost didn't even look at the house we ended up living in, and I thank God that we did, because had we not, I would not have had anyone who loved me close by while Blane was working out of state. I miss Lauren and her family. In fact, she has a 6 week old, Austin, that I haven't gotten the pleasure of meeting yet...needs to happen soon.
I know this blog post has kinda been all over the place but this sums it up....
Last year was hard. I missed my husband more than I'll ever be able to express. I love and appreciate him even more now. We are so happy to be in a home and settled again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment